Basic Life Support & Basic Life Support Re-certification Courses
*All Basic Life Support students are required to present Vaccination Cards prior to the course start time. Please ensure you arrive 15 minutes early for COVID screening and Vaccination Passport checks*
BLS Provider: ~3.5 hours
BLS Renewal: ~2.5 hours
BLS with Airway Management + Oxygen Therapy: ~6 hours
Basic Life Support (BLS) is the foundational course for healthcare professionals and trained first responders who provide care to patients in a wide variety of in-facility and prehospital settings. BLS is the cornerstone program for healthcare professionals.
In this course, you will learn the fundamental skills of high-quality cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) for victims of all ages. You will practice delivering these skills as a single rescuer and as a member of a multi-rescuer team.
- Chain of Survival
- 1-rescuer / 2-rescuer CPR
- High-quality chest compressions with a feedback device
- Multi-rescuer team CPR
- Adult, Child and Infant CPR and relief of choking
- Use of an AED
- Effective ventilations using a barrier device and bag-mask device
- EXPANDED: Opioid-associated life-threatening emergencies
- NEW: Role of the CPR coach; Maternal cardiac arrest; Anaphylaxis; Drowning; Heart attack and stroke; and, Other life-threatening emergencies
Courses available in Abbotsford, Surrey, Pitt Meadows, New Westminster, South Delta, Kamloops, and Port Moody.
For course dates and to register CLICK HERE