Advanced Marine First Aid
Designed to provide participants with the skills and knowledge required to apply immediate first aid in the event of accident or illness on board a vessel. Participants will gain knowledge of marine first aid equipment, and the transferring of patients from a ship. All aspects of course are focused in a marine setting. Course meets the requirements of Transport Canada outlined in Transport Publication (TP) 13008E.
Any person designated to provide first aid on board a vessel engaged on a near coastal voyage, class 1, or unlimited voyage. Participants who want to obtain a master or officer certificate or endorsement.
3-year Red Cross certification in Marine Advanced First Aid and a Transport Canada certification. Certificates are issued by Red Cross upon successful completion.
Recertification of Marine First Aid is not permitted by Transport Canada TP 13008E
- The Professional Responder
- Responding to the call
- Infection prevention and control
- Anatomy and physiology
- Airway management and respiratory emergencies
- Circulatory emergencies
- Hemorrhage and soft tissue trauma
- Musculoskeletal injuries
- Chest, abdominal and pelvic injuries
- Head and spinal injuries
- Acute and chronic illnesses
- Environmental illnesses
- Pregnancy, labour and delivery
- Special populations
- Crisis intervention
- Reaching, lifting and extricating patients
- Multiple-casualty incidents
- Marine environment
For course dates and to register CLICK HERE